Eric F. Box Funeral Directors

Celebrating remarkable lives with memorable funerals

Bereavement Payment

If your husband, wife or civil partner has died, you may be able to get a Bereavement Payment from the government. This is a one off payment of up to £2000.

To receive a Bereavement Payment your spouse or civil partner must have paid National Insurance contributions. In addition you must have been under state pension age when they died, OR your spouse or civil partner was not entitled to Category A state retirement at the point of death.

Form BB1 must be completed and sent to your local Jobcentre Plus. You can get the form from either your funeral director or your Jobcentre Plus.