Time waits for no man (or woman!) so have the ‘talk’ now, not tomorrow, not next week, today! There are no rules it’s just a case of making time and picking your moment.
Some questions for your loved one:
- What did you think of the music ‘I’ used to play?
- What are some of your favourite songs?
- Tell me about your teachers at school. What did you learn from them?
- What was the one piece of advice you received from your parents or grandparents that you have never forgotten or passed on?
- Where did you and your friends hang out at school?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Tell me about the most memorable summer you had when you were growing up.
- Tell me about your first job. What did you learn that’s helped over the years?
- Tell me about one of the most difficult things you have had to do. What did you learn from it?
- How would you like to be remembered as a person?
- Is there one thing specific thing you want people to remember about you?
- How would you like your family and friends to commemorate your life when you die? Is there something special you would like us to do?